Fall 2010: Oct/Nov Prayer Focus
“Call unto ME, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not!” Jeremiah 33:3
“Prayer is not conquering God’s reluctance, but taking hold of God’s willingness!” -Phillips Brooks
- Father God has sustained and blessed us through a season of uncertainty and transition; and we are experiencing the “count it all joy” revelation (Jas. 1:2-4, 12, 4:12-13), and renewed hope in God with passion for ministry!
- We have been able to keep our home (literally), and kept family and writing priorities! “Little by little” we are taking ground, moving towards promises.
- This season has allowed us to put time, attention, energy and effort into the lives and commitments of our 3 teens.
- Our Children are a wonderful blessing and continual joy (3 John 4)!
- Alexis got her driver’s license!
- Another great season of football, coaching and volleyball. “Go Knights!!!”
- Chip and Hope are in love with Jesus, each other and writing!!! God’s dream and the dream in our hearts is real, the dream is alive…this dream is becoming reality!
- Spiritual/scriptural things are far more satisfying than natural things, “Fresh manna, Heaven’s daily bread and nourishment is awesome! Selah…
“We do not pray to tell God what HE does not know, nor to remind HIM of things HE has forgotten. HE already cares for the things we care about; HIS attention has never flagged and HIS understanding is unfathomable. HE simply has been waiting for us to care about them with HIM! –Tim Stafford
- Wisdom and direction from the Lord in planning for this next season, and in expanding our men’s mentoring, leadership and ministry small groups
- Travel protection, speaking grace, and relational favor with itinerant ministry
- Grace, strength, time and diligence in all areas of writing: blogs, website work, articles, teachings, pamphlets, books
- Increased financial partnership (Phil. 4:15-20)…more monthly $20 and $100 partners
- Open doors, divine appointments, and invitations for Chip to preach and teach (Rom. 15:23-24, 29-33; Col. 4:2-6; 2 Thes. 3:1; 2 John 12)
- “The DEEP End” – Begin once a month ministry meetings -night and location+ (Rom. 11:33, Job 26:14, Is. 42, Ez. 47:1, 5-6, Hab. 3:2, 10)
The Buhler Family:
“God has instituted prayer so as to confer upon HIS creatures the dignity of being causes!” –Blaise Pascal
Chip and Hope:
- Faithfulness to mine the depths of God’s loving kindness and truth, and to interpret them properly
- * “What the Lord leads you to pray for us!?!”
- Greater insights on building the new foundation for this season of our lives
- Wisdom to glean the pearls of God’s ways and perspectives from our last season, in order to enjoy them, along with clarifying and communicating them to the body of Christ
- Greater intimacy with God and more revelation of His heart and mind
- More cell tower work-contracts, consulting opportunities & other part-time work for Chip –“our daily bread!” and part-time work for Hope
- Continued grace in loving, guiding, and maturing our 3 teenagers
- New and stronger relational/kingdom connections
- Grace to build stronger relationships with established friendships
- New laptop for Hope for writing, ministry and communicating!
- Fixing the broken water main, with the right company and price
new vehicles (mid size SUV for work/ministry and a family car), both with low miles and high mpg
replacing our dishwasher , washing machine, back deck and house siding/window sills
- Freedom and release to be who God created us to be and glorifying God in this!
“O what peace we often forfeit, what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to GOD in prayer!” –J. Scriven
- To be saturated in the Spirit of power, love that surpasses knowledge, and a sound mind; captured by His presence, and to live in God’s joy and pleasure
* SAT and ACT testing in November and December !!!
- God’s grace for journalism/writing, and His guidance as she begins seeking what college to attend, what to major in, etc
- Alexis got her Driver’s License, yea! Please pray!
- Part-time Job (more babysitting opportunities)
- Mac notebook for her Journalism pursuits, schoolwork, creativity, and to help with 20Twenty
- Growth in understanding and expressing her leadership skills, and relational wisdom. -Godly mentors
“The prayers of God’s saints strengthen the unborn generation against the desolating waves of sin and evil. Woe to the generation of sons who find their censers empty of the rich incense of prayer, whose fathers have been too busy or too unbelieving to pray, and perils inexpressible and consequences untold are their unhappy heritage. Fortunate are they whose fathers and mothers have left them a wealthy patrimony of prayer.” –Leonard Ravenhill
- Passionate pursuit of God’s heart and revelation in His word
- Planning/hosting special birthday blessing party and time with Dad!
- Healing and recovery from football injuries (lower back and knee)
- Diligence and a heart to labor and persevere in academics and training athletically
- Growth in God and wisdom relationally, and as a godly example
- Godly mentors, and wisdom about preparing for his future (life transitions)
- To experience the gentleness and self-forgetfulness of Christ Jesus, and to know by personal revelation the goodness and greatness of the Living God
- Diligence in practicing the drums, and keyboards—and focusing on his musical gifting—getting God’s heart for the use of His gifting…how he could use it for God’s glory
- Provision for his drumming and music lessons
- Diligence in academics and training athletically
- Godly mentors, and Growth in wisdom, stature and favor with God and people
- Grace in his identity in Christ, and his special role in the family
* Wisdom on preparing for the future or possible life transitions…
“The possibilities of prayer are found in the illimitable (can not be limited, without possibility of being bounded) promise, the willingness and power of God to answer prayer, to answer all prayer, to answer every prayer, and to supply fully the illimitable need of man. None are so needy as man, none are so able and anxious to supply every need and any need as God.” –EM Bounds
“The more I pray, the better it goes!” –Martin Luther